STUDIO C ARCHITECTS

35-12 UNION STREET


Porject Type: Residential

Location: Queens, NY

Size: 31,000 SF

Status: Proposal


The proposed building is located in a mid-density residential district in Flushing, New York. The existing streetscape is comprised of mixed-use establishments with commercial programs on the ground floor and residential units above. The proposed design continues the commercial streetscape in its base, and erects residential tower above. The residential tower covers only 60% of the given lot, which allows higher elevation for the residential units. The remaining 40% open space becomes roof terrace shared among residents. Living spaces face south to maximize solar gain, solid vertical cores and mechanical supports occupy the north to prevent winter wind invasion.